Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Is that a wand in your pocket...

Okay, so I have a birthday coming up this month.  I'm not going to say how old I'm turning (lets just say that I actually wore a rah rah skirt in my misspent youth and leave it at that) but as is traditional as this time of year rolls around, I've found myself inundated lately with requests from family and friends for me to tell them what I'd like for my birthday.

I hate that question.  There's really only one answer that I consider acceptable ... a surprise.  Funnily enough, my framily (friends and family) don't agree that this is an excellent answer, so I find myself desperately racking my brains to come up with ideas.

This year, though, I think I've found something that I really would like ... if only I can find someone who will agree to buy it for me.

Isn't it awesome?  I know what you're thinking, why on earth does she want a crappy looking pretend magic wand?  Well the answer is I don't ... I already have one of those thank you very much.  It sits on my desk at work and whenever someone asks me to do some thing impossible, I pick it up, wave it around, and tell them I'll get back to them as soon as I remember the Latin for "Pull miracle out of my ass".

No, this is no simple magic wand.  THIS is a universal remote control magic wand!!!  How awesome is that?  I could point it at my TV, swish and flick, and BAM ... I'm watching Glee!

I watched the instructional video about it and it looks relatively simple to use, which is a good thing because I'm both crap with complicated technology and I have a short attention span ... a diabolical combination.

The only problem will be finding a framily member who will be willing to get it for me.  They're all disturbingly normal with a tendency to shake their heads patronisingly when I start in on a geeky tangent.  I'm relatively sure that most of them will consider a remote control magic wand to be a waste of time and/or money ... or at the very least to be enabling me in my geek-tech addiction.

But I think my brother is my best bet for this one.  He at least understands the geek mindset, even if he doesn't always have the same obsessions as me.  But any guy who's spent as much time playing World of Warcraft as he has really shouldn't be casting aspersions.

The Programmable TV Remote Magic Wand is available from ThinkGeek for the relatively reasonable price of $89.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment