Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Well this is one way to discourage teenage drinking...

I think most of us did our fair share of drunken carousing in our misspent youths.  I know I certainly did.  Cocktail parties, as we so elegantly called them, weren't regular occurrences in my social circle, but when we did decide to have one we went all out.  Forget beer or wine, we went for lots of different types of spirits in lots of different combinations.  Many of those evenings are still a blur to me, but they involved various permutations of drinking games, shot competitions, skinny dipping, cigar smoking, very bad dancing, and karaoke.

Ah, the good old days.

But no matter what we may or may not have done during our evenings of indulgence, I don't think we would ever have considered doing what this guy did.  Holy mackinoly, it lends new meaning to the Aussie drinking salutation "Up Your Bum".

This takes the drunken college lifestyle to a new level.  I know plenty of students who were willing to destroy their livers in pursuit of the ultimate University experience, but I don't know any that would be willing to submit themselves to an alcohol enema.  Now THAT'S dedication!

Of course, it's dedication that I'm sure this bloke is regretting.  All it got him was a trip to the emergency room and the media chasing him for a quote.  Of course it will eventually blow over, but with the internet being the way it is it'll never go away, not really.  Jeez, how awful would it be to forever be remembered as that guy who poured alcohol up his bum.

Of course, it's not exactly a new idea.  I know there was a woman a few years back who was cleared of murder charges after she gave her husband an alcohol enema and he died.  And the Maya (yep, those kooky Mesoamericans who thought the world would end this year) used to use alcohol and drug enemas as part of their religious rites. There's even a very famous figurine showing an Ancient Maya fellow giving himself a "religious" enema.

I remember when they showed us this one in my Ancient Maya class at Uni, it made me giggle for days.  He just seems so happy about it!

Still, the kid was okay in the end, no one died, and everyone learned a very important lesson.  The College learned that students will do almost anything to get drunk, the kid learned that he should be careful about what he lets people put in his backside, and the fraternity members learned that when you give someone an enema, be it alcohol or otherwise, eventually the recipient will have to expel it and drunk people generally don't have the best control.

And me?  Well, I learned that expressions like "butt-chugging" can make me fall of the couch in fits of laughter.

52 comments:

  1. People come up with the strangest stuff to entertain themselves...what's next, hookah sodomy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kellie:
    However misspent our own youths may have been, and when we look back at all the parties whilst at university, it all seems in comparison to have been remarkably tame. But if that were the case, none of this has any appeal whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I feel like a right stick in the mud, and I'm just fine with that.

      Delete
  3. Kellie,
    Sounds like your misspent youth was like mine! My friend saw something similar this weekend but with girls from the University of Tennessee. And we read about the wife's sherry anemia for darling hubby...who died, btw! This is sickening! Butt-chugging on the other hand, what a word!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly could have lived my whole entire life not knowing that people did these sorts of things. Oh, and to be that kid's parents. I would totally lie when my friends asked about him. "No, I don't know what you're talking about. I never had a child named Timmy who went to Tennessee. Must be thinking of someone else." When my kids head off to college, I'll tell them, "Do not be so blasted stupid that I have to disown you." Then I'll show them this article. So, I guess, here's an early thank you for keeping my kids out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm pretty sure my parents would have disowned me if I'd done something like that. Our surname is pretty original, no one else in the country has it except for my uncle's family, and my Mum always said that whatever we did, we'd better not do anything to get our name recognised in a bad way! There's just no hiding who you are when only eight people in the country have the same name as you.

      Delete
  5. what a bizarre way to have fun. why can't they just smoke pot and have some normal fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girls will also soak tampons in alcohol for the same effect. I'll stick to consuming my alcohol orally, thankyouverymuch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that one ... although I suppose it's easier to sell something that they have to do once a month anyway.

      Delete
  7. Eeewwww. It reminds me of the scene in Trainspotting where all the guy has are opium suppositories. I'll just drink booze through my mouth thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Trainspotting ... and I'm exerting a herculean effort to not go to Youtube and search for the scene. I know I'll regret it if I do.

      Delete
  8. At least they didn't try to ignite his farts...just as wll, it would have gone off like a flamethrower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i cannot understand the appeal at all. i can only understand the EEWWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing he had a fair amount of alcohol in his system before he did it. That's the only way I can imagine anyone agreeing.

      Delete
  10. He does indeed look very happy about his enema.
    Taking the alcohol this way sort of misses the point, I like the taste of a good cocktail. I wonder if the garnish goes in too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. butt-chugging, lmfao.. snorts! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya on the good ole' days and boozing it up. Those were the days! Some we'd like to forget. :) I have heard of this as well as soaking tampons in vodka. Many younger folks say they do it so parents, teachers etc... don't smell liquor on their breath. :/ Can you imagine being the cop pulling over a teen after a night of butt chugging tho and taking that report? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the tampon thing before, but it sounds about as safe as the enema one!

      Delete
  13. WOAH! What is the world coming too when drinking a few beers to get a buzz takes too long. Ugh hey let's put it up our bums instead...sounds like a great idea! WTH?!
    <3 Dana @ This Silly Girl's Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm missing the first picture. But the figurine of the woman is rather...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As crazy as this may be, the alcohol enema is HUGE thing among American teens... they can get the hammered drunk feeling and not blow alcohol breath if breathalyzed (which many parents do these days)... it's pretty horrible what's happened to youth :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that they're willing to endure what would for most people be a horrible thing says a lot about their dedication to being drunk, I suppose.

      Delete
  16. Don't these kids know anything about proper alcoholic behavior? You're not supposed to just rocket booze up your crack. Like any professional drunk knows, you soak a tampon in vodka and insert that in your rectum. I mean, what happened to common sense?
    [The previous statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and Pickleope is not a doctor. Don't try anything I say at home...but trying them at the office is cool.]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, he's going to regret that forever. Seriously, his Grandkids will find this news article and wonder why their Grandpa was such an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going to have a hell of a lot of explaining to do during his lifetime

      Delete
  18. PSSST!!! I have a surprise for you...

    http://www.flyingplatypi.com/2012/10/winning-rhymes-with-winning.html

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder if he did it for...shits & giggles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. hell, how did I miss all these lovely parties during my college years??? :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my God. Butt Chugging. I think this may have made my entire year. I thought we had reached the height of ridiculosity when kids started pouring vodka in their eyes to get drunk quicker. I'm all for getting down to business when you want to get drunk...but how would pouring alcohol in your ass seem like a great idea??? And...well...wouldn't that burn just a bit? Just curious, I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I can't say from experience, I prefer my vodka the old fashioned way, in a screwdriver.

      Delete
  22. Oh to be at his first AA Meeting... "Hi. My name's Jim and I'm a buttchugaholic..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This conversation just keeps getting more awesome. Buttchugaholic. I think I may secretly be a 10 year old boy in my head because this is hilarious.

      Delete
  23. Just an extra.

    I bet the whole concept originated in France.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This whole alcohol enema thing is weird. I was actually in a Fraternity in college in the early 90's and I never ever heard of this. We did it the old fashioned way: Chugging and beer bongs! None of this enema crap!

    ReplyDelete