Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It'll be just like Pay It Forward ... you know, if Haley Joel Osment was an eighty year old woman...

Source
Hello you gorgeous people you!

Today, instead of entertaining you wall with the rambling minutiae that runs through my brain, I was hoping to ask you all a favour.  I think we're at that point in our relationship that I can do that.  Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you to help me move, or to pick me up from the airport, or anything like that.

No, I just want to a wee little favour on behalf of a fellow blogger, Janie Junebug.

You see, her mother in law, Margaret, is turning 80 next month, and she was hoping to get 80 birthday cards sent to her from all around the world.  Isn't that a lovely idea?  I know I'd be pretty chuffed if I was turning 80 and so many people took the time to send me a card.

And it's such an easy thing to do, just buy a card and pop it in the mail.  Margaret gets a bunch of birthday wishes, Janie gets the best-damned-daughter-in-law-in-the-world award, and you get the warm, fuzzy feeling that comes from doing something nice!

It's a win all round!

So if you'd like to help out, just head on over to Janie's blog here [link] for the address and other details, or send the card to the address below

Janie Goltz
PO Box 61371
Jacksonville FL 32236

And congrats Margaret!!! Way to make it into the Octagenarian's Club!

10 comments:

  1. What a super idea! I read Janie's blog post and Margaret does indeed sound like a wonderful woman. I'm going to go paw through my card stash right now to see if I have anything appropriate to send.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here! Or is it "hear hear"? Well regardless of old times agreement cheers, I second this. I wrote one, it takes less than a minute. Don't be lazy ya lazy boneses out there who aren't writing a card this very second!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a card & this notice is in my post tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put a card for Margaret in the mail yesterday. I even drew a picture in it to make her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU ALL! Just wanna let you know, though, I won't be best DIL because, technically, I'm not the DIL anymore. I've been replaced. But Margaret is kind and generous to me, and I'm so excited about sending all these cards to her.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea, I have a card going out in the morning mail...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got my card ready to post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing idea! I totally want to send her a card!

    ReplyDelete