Saturday, December 7, 2013

Spring has sprung, take my word for it...

Source
Mark this down as a red letter day, ladies and gentlemen!  Spring has finally sprung!

I know what you're all thinking.  Doesn't she realise that we're already into the first month of Summer?  Isn't declaring the start of Spring a bit redundant when it actually finished six days ago?

But calendars aside, you can take it on my good authority that we have finally entered the season of chirping birds, budding trees and "pitty pitty flowers".

And what do I base this assumption on, I hear you ask?  Oh, nothing so mundane as the first of September or the Spring Equinox.  Nor do I base it on temperature changes and climate.  I have a much more foolproof method at my disposal.

Today, for the first time since last Summer ... I shaved my legs all the way up to the top rather than just to the knee.

It's not something I decided to do, just a natural instinct that seems to kick in when Spring has finally begun.  Birds fly to warmer climates, fish swim upstream, and I go the whole hog with defuzzing my legs.

And if that doesn't just scream Spring, then I don't know what does!

16 comments:

  1. Whatever it is I am sure that your legs weren't anything like those in the picture..not even near to them..they look bit..scary. Grooming is good. It gives a self satisfaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short summer shorts require it. :) Which in a round about way reminds me, I'm still ticked at my high school guidance counselor for not mentioning "Brazilian bikini wax technician" as a possible career path.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are some scary legs. I shave all year round or the hair makes me itchy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could enjoy your Spring, but we woke to snow here in Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the FEW good things about old age: I don't have to shave my legs or armpits any more because the hair stopped growing there, which gives me time to take care of my new beard & mustache!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much a sign of Spring as the groundhog coming out of his hole. Both signs involve furry creatures . . . coincidence? I think not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so a "spring-clean" in your house extends to the humans too huh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, there's that, and the usual overwhelming need to chop all of my hair off as soon as Spring has made its presence fully known to the world. We've all got our rituals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And here the women are putting away their razors and waxes until next year....except me. I'm on the beach in swimsuits or shorts most of the winter so must look smooth always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just about winter here... And my coat is growing in quite nicely. I'm like a bear!!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have no snow, just cold temperatures and higher gas bills to heat the house. I normally don't shave in the winter either but it's time for a pedicure before the pinup photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The equinox means each season starts on the 21st of the month instead of the first as we were all taught.

    Either way, I still shave to the knee as there's barely anything above it, so no need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well..here in the U.S. we are months away from having to shave our legs. It was 2 degrees Fahrenheit on Tuesday but we are now up to a whopping 21 degrees F. We probably need as much hair on our bodies as we can grow for the extra warmth it would provide.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shoot, shaving all the way to the top of my legs simply means I'm going swimming. I'm too old to wear short shorts, so, what the hell is the point?

    ReplyDelete